Nestled in a cozy corner of downtown Cary, in a central location to Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill's Triangle area in North Carolina, The Matthews House offers an intimate wedding venue with Southern elegance and urban versatility.
If you want a venue that is beautiful and will take excellent care of you on your very special day, pick The Matthews House!"
—Erica S., Yelp.com
From a handful of participants to 160 guests, we invite you to meander the mansion with a cocktail, play yard games by the fountain, or dance under the string lights covering the patio. Walk down the aisle in our grand ballroom, or exchange vows in front of the landscaped arbor, The Matthews House offers flexibility in planning your dream wedding.
From the initial planning, Jannette was able to help us coordinate and schedule every detail, with zero stress or issues. Everything was very easy from start to finish. We were pretty particular and specific with our vision, and The Matthews House offered the perfect venue, with Jannette making sure everything went smoothly."
—Kate and Grayson, WeddingWire.com
You can bring in your favorite, pre-approved caterer, or use our in-house option, Southern Harvest Catering.
Full Service Cocktail Reception SAMPLE MENU
Full Service Buffets SAMPLE MENU
Stations SAMPLE MENU
Our wedding packages include:
• Exclusive use of the House, Grounds, and Ballroom on your Wedding Day
• A Matthews House Event Director to oversee your event
• Bridal Suite and dressing areas for the bridal party
• Outdoor and indoor options for ceremony and reception
• Champagne and light food served to the wedding party
• Garden chairs for the outdoor ceremony, ballroom chairs for the indoor reception
• 60" round tables, 6' and 8' tables with black table linens
• One hour of rehearsal time
• Use of the property for bridal portraits
• Optional linen rental and consultation *additional cost
• Optional overnight stay in the Bridal Suite with continental breakfast *additional cost
Our wedding packages start at $4,000.
Get in touch to talk to us about how we can help you with your wedding!
Photo: Fancy This Photography